Quote From the Episode:
“There is no such thing as simultaneous mutuality in a relationship”
– Steve Horsmon
About Steve Horsmon:
Steve Horsmon is a men’s coach who specializes in working with men who are at the very end of saving a relationship or at the very beginning of starting a new life with women.
In This Episode:
- A realistic take on marriage, what it’s really about, why they fail and why many of the ones that last do so in a state of mediocrity.
- Why marriage marks the beginning of your growth as a man.
- Why women are uniquely designed to test men and to trigger all their insecurities.
- The two assumptions underpinning mainstream advice to save a marriage or long term relationship, and why they are flawed.
- Why a relationship is not a fifty-fifty partnership.
- Every relationship that struggles and survives, does so because the man takes leadership in changing the emotional energy of the relationship.
- Women want the man to step up and lead the way to emotional safety.
- Speaking your truth and asking for what you want regardless of the consequences, even if it risks ending the relationship.
- Why you shouldn’t give a crap about what your woman thinks about you.
- Do man shit test women?
- The anthropology behind women shit testing men.
- Why therapists recommend to “fake it till you make it”.
- Why using “techniques” in a relationship can be destructive.
- The importance of being crystal clear about what you want and communicating it.
Contact Steve Horsmon:
If you enjoyed the episode then please subscribe, rate and review the show in one of the following podcast directories:
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions regarding this episode, you can leave them below or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.